Wednesday 5 December 2012

Making my decision

In all honesty, I've never blogged before. I've never really kept a diary except when travelling and a diary of some of my training over the last few years. But its something I've thought about doing so why not start now.
A little about me, I'm training to become a Strength and Conditioning Coach, and I've played Rugby Union most of my life. Rugby has recently started to bore me though as I can't really find the motivation to do it anymore.
I've begun dabbling in other sports like MMA, however I'm not really built for this sport and I don't have the type of mindset needed to compete at a top level in this either.
I've been a keen gym goer for a numebr of years now, and this has led me to the point I'm at now. I am at my strongest in most lifts except back squat (due to a serious back injury in January of 2012 which has continued to hinder me up to and including right now).
I have become very interested in Olympic Weightlifting, and also strength training. I have always been a sort of social competitor in the gym until recently when I have been really focusing my efforts and becoming strong.
This is where the title of this blog comes from "making my decision". I have always struggled to decide in training whether to try to get big, get ripped, or get strong. Because of this my training constantly changes and I haven't achieved any of it. I'm relatively strong for being a genuine novice in strength training, I'm relatively big due to my genetics allowing me strong legs and a large frame, but I'm definitely not ripped.
Recently I have been training with an Amateur Strongman and it has really opened my eyes to the fact that genetically I am more gifted towards being strong. Whether I will ever compete is beyong me at this point but I am definitely focusing myself on becoming the strongest version of me that I have ever been.
As it stands, my best lifts (since back injury) are: Deadlift 200KGx1 Rep, Squat 160KGx1 Rep, Bench Press 135KGx1, Behind Neck Push Press 115KGx1.
Body Stats: Height 6ft 3in (191cm) Weight 115KG

So here starts my new blog, joureying into a new style of training for me and hopefully into a new lifestyle also.

No comments:

Post a Comment