Tuesday 18 December 2012

Deadlift Testing

Today I carried on my testing for my upcoming 5/3/1 cycle and my focus was deadlift today. Once again I was training with Lewis and he pushed me hard. I feel like he is helping me massively with developing my strength.
My previous best before today was 200kg, but today I am pleased to report I hit 210kg. very happy with that. I hadn't deadlifted in around 5-6 weeks before this so I'm very happy that I've made deadlift progress off the back of heavy squatting.
Lewis hit 250kg at only 82kg bodyweight. very impressive. We're hoping to both hit 300kg in the future and he is building nicely towards that, and with my new focus solely on strength development I'm hoping to hit the high 200s by the end of 2013.

Last night work was insane again, full of little kids out for a college/sixth form night out. They're a pain in the arse but I don't care as long as I get paid.
Got a nice night away from Worcester tonight, spending the night (hopefully two) in Chirbury with my girlfriend. Always nice to get away.

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment