Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Year.

As if I've left it til the 8th of January to do my first blog of the New Year. My bad. Just been being lazy and forgetful I guess.

Anyhow, lets get crackalackin!

So I've begun my 5/3/1 training programme, and so far I love it. Obviously its all submaximal so its very safe, and its progressive so over the next few months my strong will grow continuously.
I'm in my second week of the programme now and like I said its great. I've decided for the first 4 weeks of the cycle my assistance is the "build a bigger yolk" that Wendler posted on T-Nation. Its basically to build a larger upper back and neck. So i'm doing a lot of shrugging, pulling movements, and neck work. That is to supplement the heavy sets.
for my second cycle i'm going to go back to a slightly more overall body focus for hypertrophy. dont want my body to get stuck in a rut so i'll do this for 4 weeks then go back to the yolk. Should be fun.
I took a couple of pre-photos so hopefully i'll notice some difference after the programme.

I've also been on a high fat, high protein, low carb diet. Been eating a lot of fish, lots of eggs too. Trying to see what effect this has on my body. Only problem so far is that I'm craving everything underneath the sun, and I'm also struggling to find interesting meals to have without carbs. kinda sucks. Buuuuut if it works down the line then who gives a sh*t right?

In other news, I failed one module of my UKSCA, my weightlifting of all things!!! so i've re-booked to do my test again, been knuckling down with my mate Michael Hill (aka cheese) and we've been filming my technique and making sure I hit all the checkpoints properly when demonstrating it this time around. Can't afford to fail twice - literally! Money wise and sanity wise!

I've been applying for lots of jobs too as the doors always slow down in January so fingers crossed i'll pick something up so I can earn myself some dollar bills. Would be nice wouldn't it to not have to worry about single penny I'm spending.

One day I'll be comfortable I swear down

Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment