Tuesday 15 January 2013

15.01.13

Ok, so its been a while since I last posted ... Again. But in all honesty I haven't really been doing a huge amount.

I've been making good progress and gains by utlising 5/3/1 training. Today I got 6 reps on 180kg deadlift, which was meant to be my 1 rep day. so pretty happy with that. yesterday I hit 7 reps on my overhead press 1 rep day. my best result so far came last week, I was squatting in my 3s week and I hit 10 reps with 145kg. I know it doesn't sounds a lot but one year on from putting my back out in such a way that I could squat for 4 months (and couldnt walk for a week), it felt pretty damn good to squat like that. and my form was good, nice and low and strong throughout.

So like I said, I've been very happy with the strength gains that I'm seeing through 5/3/1. I'm also enjoying my new diet of increased protein and fat, with lower carbs. I feel healthier, and when I do eat more carbs now I really feel it.

I also re-took my UKSCA accreditation on Sunday, I only had to re do my lifting. I felt that it went really well, I felt strong through my squat and through the Snatch as well. I also felt like I answered all the questions more confidently this time than last so hopefully I'll come out with a positive results and be accredited (HOORAY!)

til next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment