Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year new me and all that

OK,
So my last post I said I was starting fresh with the blog. That was 6 months ago and I haven't blogged since haha my bad.
So ... I didn't quite meet all my targets. I haven't done any benching in the last 6 months basically so naturally I didn't hit my bench target. Overhead - I got to a 90 or 95 strict. Not quite where I wanted. Deadlift I hit 240 so again not where I wanted but my target of 270 was a bit farfetched. Squat - I hit! Boom!

So then, onto 2014. I have big plans for this year. I'm looking to spend up until may using the new beyond 531 method and building a much larger foundation level of pure strength. 4/5 sessions a week, focusing largely on the 4 big lifts and then a 5th to be a weakness day or an events day for strongman. At the moment I am looking to compete in two comps, both in May of 2014. So my focus is to just get as strong as I can from now til then.
I'm also going to be doing a bit more conditioning. Things like going for walks with a weighted bag on my back a couple times a week. Then also strongman specific conditioning such as keg runs, some on the minute work, yoke, farmers, sprints etc. Things that are a bit more fun so I'll actually do them haha.

Ok so 2014 is gonna be big. I'm looking to secure an internship or job somewhere in s&c. Also looming to go to more seminars and conferences etc. I want to really try push my development this year.

Have a good new  year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment