Tuesday 6 May 2014

UKSCA

I FINALLY NAILED IT!

So after passing 3 of the 4 modules (Case Study, multiple choice exam and PAS {plyometrics, agility and speed}) on the first attempt back in November 2012 - I have now finally put the final nail in the coffin and completed the weightlifting module of the UKSCA Accreditation.
So I am now a fully accredited strength and conditioning coach with the UKSCA.
Pretty damn happy man.
And good timing too - just before I head off to my internship with Quins. So hopefully I can pick up some clients and work 1-on-1 to earn some money, or find a local team who want some assistance. We'll see.
But the good thing is this - my first years CPD is covered by doing Quins. So even if I can't find anything else, then at least that is covered.
Also - by the time I leave Quins, I have my degree, my ASCC status, and also a years experience working with an elite level team. These are regularly the 3 ESSENTIAL criteria that I keep seeing on job applications and things.

So hopefully - one year with Quins and I can get a sweet job elsewhere and start getting paid to do what I love. OR - open a small facility of my own and coach off my own back.

Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment